Freedom of Information Act Procedures
Per state and federal requirements, the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority (MPEA) adheres to the following guidelines for all requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
All requests for records must be submitted in writing. Requests must contain the name and contact information of the requestor, as well as a clear description of the records sought. A request form is provided here. for your convenience; however, this form is not required.
MPEA will provide public records as required under FOIA, but will not interpret or advise requesters as to the meaning or significance of the public records.
FOIA requests may be emailed or delivered by mail or facsimile during normal business hours for the general administrative offices of the MPEA. MPEA office hours are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. FOIA requests received at any other time, including email requests, will be docketed as received at 8:30 a.m. the next business day. Oral requests will not be honored.
Requests may be addressed to the contact below.
Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority
301 E. Cermak Road Chicago, IL 60616
Copying and Inspection of Public Records:
- Copies of public records shall be provided to the requestor only upon payment of any charges which are due. The MPEA may require the deposit of a sum estimated to be sufficient to cover such copying costs before copies are produced.
- Inspection of public records will be conducted during normal business hours at the MPEA Corporate Offices or such other location designated by the MPEA FOIA Officer. An employee of the MPEA may be present through the inspection. A requestor may be prohibited from bringing bags, brief cases or other containers into the inspection room. Documents which the requestor wishes to have copied shall be segregated during the course of the inspection.
- Unless the copying fee is waived as provided in the Act, or otherwise established by law, a requestor shall pay the following fees for copying, certification and mailing of public records:
- For black and white, letter or legal sized copies — the first 50 pages are free, and the charges for additional pages shall be 15 cents per page.
- For color or abnormal sized copies — MPEA may charge the actual cost of copying. Where the services of an outside vendor are used to copy any public record, the actual charges of such outside vendor shall be the fees for copying such records.
- For electronic copies — the fee shall be the actual cost of the recording medium (tape, CD, disk, etc.).
- For Certification — $1.00 per document plus copy cost.
- For Mailing — cost of postage plus copy cost.