Procurement Laws and Regulations
The Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority believes that the maintenance of high ethical standards is essential to the continued success of its business in a highly competitive market. It is therefore the policy of the Authority to comply with all laws which pertain to its business activities and to conduct its affairs ethically and responsibly. This commitment extends to MPEA's interactions with its vendors and potential vendors.
MPEA's vendor relationships are generally governed by the following laws and regulations:
- Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority Act, as amended by Public Acts 096-0898 and 096-0899, 70 ILCS 210/1-28
- Illinois Procurement Code, 30 ILCS 500/1-99
- Illinois Official Misconduct, 720 ILCS 5/33-1
- Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority Code of Ethics Ordinance Ordinance No. MPEA 10-02
- Chicago Municipal Code 2-156-445 Limitation of contributing to candidates and elected officials.
- Chicago Municipal Code 2-156-520 Access to list of current contractors.
All MPEA vendors and potential vendors are expected to conduct their affairs with MPEA in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
If you have a concern or a question pertaining to these laws, regulations or policies, please contact the MPEA Procurement Department at email@example.com.